- I debuted in 1977, being a second year student at the General Medical University Cluj-Napoca, by leading a research upon the Verionica Officinalis L. Species. The research was made in the Farmacy and Medical Univeristy Cluj-Napoca’s laboratories, under the guidance of proffessors Barbu Cuparencu, Mircea Tamas and Sandor Vlaicu.
- The research was materialized by earning an invention patent for VERALIN – a medical product for treating the gastric ulcer.
- During the doctorate studies I have done research upon three vegetal species with terapeutical importance for cardiovascular diseases. Besidesphytochemicalstudies upon those three species (Crataegus monogina, Rosmarinus officinalis, Arnica montana) I described the technology for preparation of some medical products from those species and conducted clinical studies with the medical products obtained from those plants.
- I studied and systematized the factors that influence the longevity and health, this fact being materialized in the volume “The key to longevity”.
- I studied and systematized the risk factors in cancer that I later presented in volume “Risk factors in cancer”.
- I studied and researched methods for preventing cancer even in presence of risk factors for this disease, publishing “How to prevent cancer” book.
- During those over 35 years of studies and researches in Fitomedicine, I systematized information in the cycle of books with this topic: “Naturist Therapeutically Guide”, “Small Fitomedicine Treaty” (volume I and II) and “Fitoteraphy Basis” – first fitofarmacheology manual in Romania.
- Together with a team of professors from the Medical University Cluj-Napoca and my daughter, Dr. Cristina Scarlat, I studied, researched and made two new medical products, both being proposed for obtaining patents. The first medical product, named ETRALIN, is an immunostimulator anti-tumor with good results and without toxicity or adverse reactions. The second product, named HEPALIN, being made from a combination of 8 plants, is benefic in treating hepatic diseases, including the viral ones.
- CV Alin Scarlat
Associtation’s leader research activity.